insurance claim help from a nonprofit
posted over 5 years ago by uphelp from United Policyholders
United Policyholders is a non-profit organization that is a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 states. We have helped guide disaster survivors on the road to recovery for over twenty years.
Here is a checklist to help keep you on track during this stressful time:
- Take care of your family’s needs first.
- Housing is a priority – talk to your insurance company about the housing expense allowance.
- Keep a diary of who you talked to, the number you called, date and time, what was said. Keep all of your paperwork organized and together.
- Take photos of your property before any cleanup or debris removal.
- Get a complete and current copy of your insurance policy.
- Ask for a cash advance for Additional Living Expenses (ALE).
- Do not rush into signing contracts and avoid making major financial decisions in the first few weeks.
- Check references carefully before hiring any vendor or professional.
- Use the free help and resources that are available at: www.uphelp.org/bolesfire
Post a new comment
News by topic
Other recent news
Wrapping it Up
Our last monthly public meeting was held last Tuesday, October 10, 2017. At that time,…
United Way to support new Community Center in Siskiyou County
The Board of Directors of United Way of Northern California (UWNC) has approved disbursement of…
Weed LTRG to City Council Report 9/14/17
As funding for staffing the LTRG Case Management, Volunteer Coordinator and Construction Coordinator…