Hope Community Church Relief Center Official Update
posted over 5 years ago by hopecommunity from Hope Community Church
Thank you Siskiyou County community for your overwhelming generous support for families affected by the Boles County Fire. What follows is a brief update on what has happened at Hope, and what the continuing plan will be to manage donations.
• Since Tuesday September 16th, 128 fire-effected families have visited the church and received clothing, bedding, household goods, food, hygiene products, warm hugs and caring conversations.
• Since Monday Sept 22nd, Siskiyou County residents have come to purchase clothing donations that are in excess of the needs of fire-survivors. As of Thursday morning, Sept 25th, over $10,000 in cash donations have been raised.
• Over the last week, 7 truck and trailer loads of donations have been shared with the Weed Distribution Center. Another 2 box trucks have been delivered to the Crystal Geyser storage warehouse, and an estimated 7 additional box trucks will be delivered there before the week’s end.
• Each year, Hope Community Church hosts a free community clothing give-away. In keeping with that tradition, after the clothing sale concludes, all remaining, sorted clothing will be offered for free for a limited time to the community. Clothing giveaway hours will be Friday Sept 26th, 12pm-6pm and Saturday Sept 27th, 8am-1pm.
• All new commodity donations (food, hygiene items, diapers, pet food) have been re-distributed to local organizations that are equipped to continue their distribution.
• As of 1pm Saturday September 27th, Hope Community Church relief center will be closed, and all remaining donations sent to the official donation center at Crystal Geyser warehouse.
Post a new comment
News by topic
Other recent news
Wrapping it Up
Our last monthly public meeting was held last Tuesday, October 10, 2017. At that time,…
United Way to support new Community Center in Siskiyou County
The Board of Directors of United Way of Northern California (UWNC) has approved disbursement of…
Weed LTRG to City Council Report 9/14/17
As funding for staffing the LTRG Case Management, Volunteer Coordinator and Construction Coordinator…